Saturday, September 3, 2011

ISU Wins Ugly

I'm so mad right now, I can barely put a list together, let alone paragraphs of blog journalism
  1. I am beginning to hate UNI.  For real.  They played dirty football tonight with late hits and cheap shots.  How #4 for UNI stayed in the game is beyond me.  Varmah Sonie is a thug and has no place on any football field.  Northern Iowa was flagged for 10 penalties in the first half, twice drawing three penalties on the same play, and had 16 for the game.
  2. ISU's offensive line play is god awful.  And I mean lower case g god, because "God awful", would be an improvement.  This has to improve, end of story.
  3. Having the large number of players out on "displinary" actions is intolerable.  I hope every time their replacement fouled up tonight, during film tomorrow, the starter has to do pushups.
  4. Stop hating on Steele Jantz, his legs are a thing of beauty, and his passes in the 4th quarter showed me that he was the right man for the job.  Yes, he threw 3 interceptions and 1 TD pass.  That 1 TD was while running for his life in the corner of the end zone when we needed it the most.  This kid can play ball.  He's not the second coming of Seneca Wallace, but deep down I knew that.
  5. Someone please find ISU's running game.  Our QB had 80 yards rushing, the rest of the running backs combined didn't get that.
  6. Turnovers hurt worse when its a Div 1-AA team that has 4 takeaways.
  7. Overall, the Cyclones gutted out a victory and had a "game winning drive" for the first time in my recent memory.  They deserved this win, and need to make drastic improvements before next week
  8. I love the new scoreboard, the new team entrance series of sirens and "weather service warnings" :-)
  9. I don't envy the Cyclones this week, their butts are about to get worked over, before the Hawkeyes come calling on the 10th.
  10. When singing the alma mater before the game, I almost made it to the end of the song before choking up, I got to "true and loyal, like the bells of Iowaaaaaa......snifff"
Good night and good luck.


Drew out

No comments:

Post a Comment