Thursday, April 21, 2011

Jake Knott is a MONSTER

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/27949/tough-nut-at-isu-working-through-injury

Holy crap, this is what differentiates D1 athletes from the rest of us.  I'm pretty sure, I would have gone home after having my arm surgically reconstructed.

Last Thursday, Iowa State linebacker Jake Knott dove to trip up a streaking Shontrelle Johnson at practice two days before the Cyclones' spring game.

"A great effort play," said coach Paul Rhoads.

[+] EnlargeJake Knott
Reese Strickland/US PresswireIowa State linebacker Jake Knott made 131 tackles, third in the Big 12 last season.
But on the dive, Knott's arm and Johnson's legs got twisted and Knott heard the dreaded pop.

"I knew right then I broke my arm," he said.

Added Rhoads: "You can see the pain immediately overcome him on film. Just a freak type of play."

Twenty-four hours later, Knott was back on the practice field. On Friday afternoon, Knott had surgery and was discharged from the hospital at about 5 p.m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment